Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I read a quote somewhere today "Loving someone is giving them the ability to destroy you but trusting them enough not to."

It's so true isn't it? What's love without trust?

Let me tell you a story (I suddenly feel like telling one).

Boy A and girl B just started a relationship together during the school holidays. Everything was going on fine and they were happy to hang out together. They talked over the phone every night and go to sleep feeling blessed to have each other.

Sch term starts and both of them go back to sch. They belong to different sch and thus have different groups of friends. Girl B was a very sociable person and thus have many friends especially from the opposite sex. Boy A was however more of a loner and except for his classmates, he has no other girl-friends (or at least that was what he told girl B).

So, after a week of sch, they atarted to quarrel. The quarrels always started with boy A blaming girl B for flirting around with guys, which wasn't true. And it will always have the sentence "I love you so much and yet you are doing this behind my back."

As for the rest of the story, i think you guys can sort it out yourself. Is this love? I don't think so. It's just possesiveness. I think a lot of you out there have heard this story or even went through it? Love can never exist without trust, neither can any relationships.

So i never believed anyone who told me that they love someone so much so that they caged them up away from everyone else. Everyone, regardless of whether they are in love or not needs private space.

Wanna guess my ideal house? There will be at least five rooms. One for me and my partner, one for my privacy space, another for my partner, one of my kids (if I have any) and the last one will be a atudy room. Nice rite? Haha...

FREEDOM. That's what I need to be happy! =)

P.S. Hong Xi, you are doing a great job in letting me have my own freedom! Guess you know what I need because you've been my best friend for so long before this. Thanks... Love you lots!

No comments: