Saturday, July 01, 2006

I have been reading THE ZAHIR by PAULO COELHO these few days, And they are a few parts of the book that it really worth thinking about. I am going to write two parts today, one of which kind of changed me a little.

"When I had nothing to lose, I was given everything. When I ceased to be who I am, I found myself. When I experienced humiliation and yet kept on walking, I understood that I was free to choose my destiny."

"That is why it is so important to let certain things go. To release them. To cut loose. People need to understand that no one is playing with marked cards; sometimes we win and sometimes we lose. Don't expect to get anything back, don't expect recognition for your efforts, don't expect your genius to be discovered or your love to be understood. Complete the circle. Not out of pride, inability, or arrogance, but simply because whatever it is no longer fits into your life. Close the door, change the record, clean the house, get rid of the dust. Stop being who you were and become who you are."

This is great isn't it? "Stop being who you were and become who you are." A lot of us are stuck with our past. That's why we are never happy. Everything we do, we let our past affect us. We do not have the courage to try new things, we do not dare to love for fear of getting hurt again.

No comments: